Programs for education and research
StabFem is a set of programs to perform Global Stability calculations in Fluid Mechanics, which is developed for both research and education purposes.
The project is based on two softwares :
- The finite-element software FreeFem++ is used to generate the meshes, construct the operators and solve the various linear problems involved in the computation.
- Matlab is used as a driver to monitor the computations in terminal or script mode and as a graphical interface to plot the results.
Easystab is a marvelous collaborative project started by J. Hoeffner from UPCM. This project is a collection of Matlab/Octave programs devoted to hydrodynamic stability, and is developed under the form of a wiki.
My contributions to EasyStab are regrouped here :
Meniscus is a program written in object-oriented Matlab which computes the shape of axisymmetric free surface problems (menisci, pending drops, liquid bridges…) with a continuation method. The program allows to handle a number of geometries and boundary conditions (attached contact lines or imposed contact angles)
Kinetics.m is a Matlab program to simulate the motion of a 2D gas of hard spheres.
The program was developed as a pedagogical tool to illustrate concepts of thermodynamics (temperature, state equation, …) and fluid dynamics (diffusion of concentration, momentum and temperature)
>>>> Video « Three coins in a fountain » <<<<
Thématiques de recherche :
- Instabilités de sillage et mouvements de corps libres
- Tourbillon de vidange : formation et stabilité
- Dynamique tourbillonnaire