The Euromech colloquium n° 588 entitled « Coupling Mechanisms and Multi-Scaling in Granular-Fluid Flows », organized by Diego Berzi and Laurent Lacaze, will be held on 2-5 October 2017 at IMFT in the city of Toulouse, France.
The objective of this conference is to provide an opportunity for discussing the latest developments in the modelling of granular flows immersed in a fluid, from the scale of the grain to that of the whole system. The colloquium will bring together researchers studying granular-fluid flows induced by gravity and/or turbulent shearing fluid, with the aim of trying to find some common description, from the knowledge of the coupling mechanisms between grains and the surrounding fluid, toward a multiscale modelling of the system at the geophysical or industrial scale. The development of recent numerical and experimental techniques begins to make possible the achievement of such an ambitious goal.
Main topics are :
- Macro-phenomena : bedload and saltation ; collisional suspensions ; turbulent suspensions ; debris flows and granular-fluid avalanches.
- Micro-processes : turbulence modulation ; relaxation processes ; rheology ; boundary conditions ; non-local effects...
Important dates are :
- 26th May 2017 : deadline for submission of a one-page abstract
- 23th June 2017 : deadline for notification of acceptance
- 7th July 2017 : deadline for registration and payment of conference fee
Invited Plenary Speakers :
- James JENKINS, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA
- Eric LAJEUNESSE, IPGP, Paris, France
- Jim McELWAYNE, Durham University, Durham, UK
- Olivier POULIQUEN, IUSTI, Marseille, France
Scientific Committee :
- Laurent LACAZE, Univ. Toulouse - IMFT, Toulouse France
- Diego BERZI, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
- Thomas BONOMETTI, Univ. Toulouse - IMFT, Toulouse France
- François CHARRU, Univ. Toulouse - IMFT, Toulouse France
- Luigi FRACCAROLLO, Università degli Studi di Trento, Trento, Italy
- Jacques MAGNAUDET, Univ. Toulouse - IMFT, Toulouse France